Now you can pay your library execution fee with your MasterCard or Visa!
The Passport Office is located on the first floor in the library. Office hours are Monday and Tuesday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm (excluding days the library is closed). Please allow 20 minutes per application, so that all applications are completed by 2:00 pm.
The United States Department of State enforces strict guidelines for Passport applications. The library makes every effort to see that your applications will be approved and processed smoothly by encouraging you to adhere to these guidelines. Should you instruct us to submit documentation deemed inadequate by the Department of State, your application will be returned to you by the Department of State, and delays in acquiring your Passport will result.
All first – time applicants must apply for Passport books or Passport Cards in person using form DS-11. Both parents must sign the applications (DS-11) for any minor under age 16. Children 16-17 must sign the application themselves. The child must be present regardless of age. If both parents cannot be present, a notarized statement of consent from the absent parent must be presented (DS-3053). Forms may be downloaded from the U.S. Passport Services link below, but applications (DS-11) must be signed in front of the agent at the library.
Renewals of valid U.S. Passport Books or Passport Cards may be handled yourself by mail provided you receive the Passport within the last 15 years, and were over age 16 when it was issued.Click here to see if you qualify to use the form DS-82.
The State Department requires the following documents of all applicants. Save yourself time and trouble by having acceptable documentation for yourself and any children applying for a Passport when you come in to the library.
- Proof of identity, any one of the following:
- Previous U.S. Passport
- Driver’s license
- Official military identification card
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship or nationality, certified birth certificate, or certified copy of birth certificate issued by an office of vital statistics or registrar of deeds. Hospital certificates are not accepted.
- Social Security number
- Passport photo meeting certain size requirements.
- Cost of a Passport Book is $110.00 per adult application and $80.00 per minor application (under age 16) via check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State. No credit card accepted.
- Cost of a Passport Card is $30.00 per adult application and $15.00 per minor application (under age 16) via check or money order to be payable the U.S. Department of State. No credit card accepted.
- Payment of a $25.00 execution fee to Braswell Memorial Library is required for each application. Payment to Braswell Memorial Library may be made by cash, check, money order, or credit card (Mastercard or VISA only).
An expedited passport book for an adult is $182.85. A Passport card is $90.00 payable by check or money order to the US Department of State. Process time: 2 - 3 weeks
An expedited passport book for an child is $152.85. A Passport card is $75.00 payable by check or money order to the US Department of State. Process time: 2 - 3 weeks
For each adult or child's expidited passport, there is an additional passport agent's fee of $45.85 payable to Braswell Memorial Library.
Note: These are basic guidelines. Please click below to determine if other rules apply to your particular circumstance.
State Department Information